Hallstatt: Holiday in the World Heritage Region
A Multisite-Website for some of the most stunning sites in Austria.
The village Hallstatt is such an unbelievably spectacular place that even the Chinese have created a copy of the ancient salt mine village. But only in the original will you discover this truly unique culture with such a history all in a breath-taking mountain setting.
In 1997 most of the historic, cultural landscape was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Since then, the website hallstatt.net provides touristic information for the region. Starting with a solution in Microsoft Frontpage, the backend of the site was quickly changed to PHP. Since 2009, the website runs on Silverstripe CMS.
The website is a multilanguage, multisite installation of Silverstripe CMS.
- Multilanguage: All contents are available in German and English. Content can be created and translated in the CMS while it is possible to have content only in either of the languages.
- Multisite: The Silverstripe Multisite module allows that multiple domains (bad-goisern.net, gosautal.net, obertraun.net, im-salzkammergut.at) use the same contents and reuse pages with the mechanism of virtual pages.
- The website uses an API to a booking system (Tomas booking system) for bookings and to show up-to-date room information.
hallstatt.net had approximately 1 million visits per year.
About the Agency
Creating websites since 1998, netwerkstatt uses Silverstripe CMS since 2009 for various customer projects: from portfolio sites to touristic platforms and sophisticated online shops with a highly customised workflow.
- Technoparkstr. 3, 4820 Bad Ischl
- Contact: Werner Krauß
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone number: +43 699 81 55 11 95
- Website: www.netwerkstatt.at